Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

It was the night before Christmas and the Clark crew was ready for Santa and his reindeer and some new traditions!

Christmas Eve is a magical time for the kids (and Jason & I). We have special Christmas Eve traditions that make the night even more memorable. We even added some traditions this year now that the kids are a little older.

First the reindeer were fed special reindeer food (It even snowed!). We had never left the reindeer food before, but the kids absolutely loved it. We certainly will be doing this for many more years.

Then we headed to church for the Christmas Eve service. We attempted to take a picture of the kids before church, this is what we got!


After church we headed to my parent's house. The kids were all changed into their matching Christmas pajamas. I love to put them in matching pajamas but have had a hard time finding them in previous years. I loved their matching pajamas this year!


My parents went to their church services and while we waited for them the kids decorated cookies for Santa. In the past we had always left Oreos or some other store bought cookie, but this year we decided the kids were ready to decorate. They had such a great time. They ate more than they left for Santa!


Then we all opened presents.

Isaiah loved his frog!


Addison Grace was so excited about her pink horse.

And sweet Kate really never opened a gift, but played with them all! She really loved the bubble wrap!

After all the gifts had been opened we went home and snuggled all the kids in bed with happy hearts knowing that Jolly Saint Nick would be arriving very soon!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the Christmas post up. I sure am running behind on posting. I thought I would get so much more done during these two weeks I was off. I was so wrong, three young kids and a house that looks like Toys R Us threw up all in it has really kept me busy!

Until Later,

Melissa

No comments: