Monday, November 9, 2009

Um...Maybe Not

I decided that this was it, I was finally going to really work on getting off the extra (lots of extra)pounds I put on from infertility treatments and pregnancies. I was going to eat healthier (which I did!) and start walking. I decided to start walking at night after the kids went to bed. We live in a safe neighborhood and I felt comfortable with my decision....until tonight (which was my first night to start this "new me plan".

I'm walking at a brisk pace, pretty proud of myself, listening to sports talk radio. Yes, I know, I am an odd woman. But I love sports talk radio. I always have and I probably always will. Plus, they were talking about college football, which I really love. Anyway, I was heading back up the street when I hear a car alarm go off. I thought to myself, that's weird, but just kept on walking. About 10 seconds later a car zoomed past me going extremely fast. Again, being as naive as I am, I thought it was strange but just kept walking. I was on my second lap when a man stopped to talk to me (from his car). I was extremely hesitant, but he seemed nice enough, plus he stayed back, I'm guessing my facial expression said "Stay Away or I will kick your butt." His car had just been broken into (or attempted to be broken into) and he wanted to know if I saw anything. I told him what I saw, which wasn't much, but enough details that he wanted me there when the police got there to help make the police report. I walked to the man's house, where his girlfriend was waiting, and waited for the police. By the way, the couple was very nice and were very appreciative. I gave my account of what I saw and then started walking home.

Needless to say my 30 minute walk turned into an hour. I asked Jason when I got home if he was worried to which he responded, "I was thinking about getting worried." Thanks babe, I appreciate the concern.

So, maybe this nightly walking thing isn't for me. I could give up on it completely or maybe I'll try to get up early in the morning and try to walk. We'll see what happens in the morning!

Until Later,

Melissa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I say bring one of your dogs with you... and some mace... much safer! Sorry you had to be a witness to that - glad you're okay!

Carrie said...

Or bring your friend down the street who needs to lose pregnancy pounds! Call me and we can walk and talk when you have the time!