Saturday, January 9, 2010

Grandpa

My grandfather passed away on Friday. He was a good man who was loved by many. Shortly after Addison was born we went up to North Carolina to visit him. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of him.
Grandpa with Isaiah
Grandpa with Addison

One thing that I remember about Grandpa is that he made incredible things out of wood. One thing that he made was a duck named Elmer. I love the pictures of Isaiah and Addison sitting on Elmer.

It hurts me that Kate never got to meet her Great Grandpa, but I know he is watching her from above.

I found out about Grandpa's death after school on Friday. I did well with the news until I got in my car. In my heart I know that Grandpa is in a better place. He is no longer suffering, his memory is no longer faded. In the car as I drove home and looked up at the night sky I broke into tears. While we all knew that he was not going to live much longer, we are still very saddened by his death. I think what also hurts is that I have no grandparents left.

My dad, mom, brother, cousin (Christy), Aunt Mary and I are all driving up to NC for the funeral. It is going to be so hard to leave my kids for 5 days but this is something that I need to do. I need to say goodbye to my grandpa.

We love you Grandpa and miss you!

No comments: