Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Problem with Balloons

The problem with balloons is that they often escape little hands and can not be retrieved. This purple balloon escaped Addison's hand and floated to freedom at the top of the living room ceiling.

Of course this was a terrible tragedy to the kids. So, Isaiah started problem solving. He started with such a positive attitude that only a 4 year old could have. "Don't worry Addison. I can get your balloon for you. I just know I can reach it. Let me just stand right up here on the table." (I know I shouldn't let him stand on the table but I really wanted to see how he was going to solve this problem.)

After about 2 seconds he realized he couldn't reach it and his little brain started thinking of how to solve this ever so serious problem. And yes, Addison has another balloon in her hand, but "purple balloons are for princesses, not blue ones."


His solution, "Addison, I'll stand on the table and then you stand on my head. I think we can reach it if you do that." (Don't worry we stopped Addison before she stood on Isaiah's head!)


After that idea we decided it was best that Jason retrieve the balloon for them (their mother is short!).

As a teacher I am so proud of his problem solving skills!
Until later,
Melissa

No comments: