Thursday, March 25, 2010

30 Day Shred

It's time that I get all this infertility, adoption, pregnancy weight off! The weight started getting piled on when I started infertility treatments. The hormones, shots, IUI's and IVF's certainly did nothing good for my body, but it was worth it to try and start a family.

Me: Right after our last infertility treatment


After many unsuccessful fertility treatments, we started the adoption process. As we got further along and things became more stressful I relied on food as a way to cope with all the stress. By the time Isaiah came home I weighed about 10 more pounds than I did before the adoption.

Me: With Isaiah shortly after he came home


Three months after Isaiah came home I was pregnant with Addison. I ate terrible during my pregnancy with her and gained a lot weight. I don't even remember how much because it was SO much!
Me: With Grandpa at a visit shortly after Addison was born


Three months after Addison was born, before I could even begin to really get the baby weight off, I was pregnant with Katelyn. I had not lost much of the weight I gained while pregnant with Addison and gained quite a bit more with my second pregnancy.
Me: Family picture a few months after Kate was born


I have no one to blame but myself. I did this to myself and now it is time to start working on getting all the weight off. I started the 30 Day Shred today! I actually got up at 5:30 and did it before work. Let me just say, it kicked my butt and I was sore all day long. However, it sure felt good to know that I worked out today.

To help me stay motivated I am working out with a few other bloggers. Hopefully I will see some pretty good results in 30 days!


Until later,
Melissa

3 comments:

Shyla said...

I am so proud and excited for you. Deciding to lose weight is hard, but I know you and you're an athlete at heart! Just doing something every day will help you make the changes you want.

Hen Jen said...

good for you! i've started the 30 day shred twice now and then quit, I need to start again. I have some weight to lose, my clothes aren't fitting anymore, as in I can't even wear them..time to do something.

cheering you on!

Mel said...

To a fellow Melissa,
Thanks for stopping by our blog. I love stories of adoption that also mark the mysterious end of infertility;)
Good luck with your shred. You won't regret it. If you have a Stroller Strides franchise near you, check it out!

Melissa
www.thecorkums.com