Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 2

I finished Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred and I am hurting! I'm not sure in all my years of competitive soccer I was ever this sore. It sure is nice to feel muscles that I really didn't think existed anymore. My kids at school got a good laugh out of how slow I was moving today.

So, what do I think of the video? I know its only been 2 days, but I love it!

What I love:

- It is only a 20 minute workout. It is hard to have time to workout with three little ones at home, so this quick workout is perfect. And after 20 minutes, I feel like I have worked out for an hour.
- I love the ab exercises. My stomach will never look the same after having 2 c-sections, but I can't wait for it to look just a little better.
- The arm exercises are really good. I have a lot of arm "flab" and I can already see a small difference!
- There is a modified version for anyone who can't quite do the "regular" version yet. It is nice to be able to start with the modified version.

What I don't necessarily love:

- Push Ups! I can't stand them. I've had 7 knee surgeries (way too much soccer growing up) and had my right knee replaced. Push ups just kill my knees. Hopefully soon I'll be strong enough that I won't have to do the modified version.

- Jumping Jacks! I have always had large breasts and jumping jacks just kill me, plus I look really funny doing them!


I honestly can't wait to workout tomorrow! Day 3, here I come!

Until later,
Melissa

3 comments:

Hen Jen said...

I loved that the whole time I am dying I can tell myself, it's just 20 minutes and then it's over!

Hen Jen said...

I'm small(bust) so I don't have the jumping jack problem, but...I get a catalog called "Title Nine" it's athletic clothing for women, and they have a whole section on bras, if I was bigger, I would invest in some of their sports bras, you might want to look online and get one or two. I do have 2 nice ones I purchased elsewhere, next time I need one I am going to try Title nine.

Clark5 said...

Thank you for the information! I'm going to go look at their website soon. I have been reading your blog and I am amazed at what all you do with your children. Take care!