Saturday, March 27, 2010

That's My Girl!

Today was Kacie's Run, a 5K or 1 mile fun run, benefiting the special education students in our district (CFBISD). I walked with a few other colleagues from school. It was a lot of fun and benefited some very special kids. You can read more about Kacie's Run here.

I took Katelyn with me this morning. Addison had dance class and I knew Isaiah wouldn't walk the whole time and there is no way I could push him in a stroller.


Here is my sweet girl before the run:



Sorry the picture is so blurry. I'm really not a good photographer.


I walked with one of my good friends, Carrie. She is such a sweet, caring person and an amazing friend.


Carrie and her husband, Shane, had a sweet baby boy last September. Lincoln is absolutely adorable. After a tough start to life he is doing really well now. You can read their story here.


Before the race started Katelyn looked around the large soccer field (the walk was at a high school stadium) and said, "Where my soccer ball?" Oh, there is hope, one child may play soccer like her mommy!



It was a great walk and something we will definitely do every year.

Oh, and I did do Day 3 of the Shred today too! I'm not sure if this soreness will ever go away!

Until later,

Melissa

1 comment:

Shyla said...

Like mother like daughter!! I'm sure she'll be a soccer player :)!